This is a totally unspoiled area and remains a secret for most people in Europe primarily due to its limited ways of transport (trains and flights). There are not direct flights to our region, but Madrid is only 2h30 hours by car. To arrive to your creative destination, we offer courtesy transfers on the first and last day of the painting holiday, which are included in the price.
However if you prefer to arrive by train, car or bus we will be happy to assist you with your travels.
From Madrid it’s 2h18:
– By National V (Extremadura Motorway) In km 148 (Oropesa) leave the motorway and take the direction towards Madrigal de la Vera – At 31 km, in Madrigal, at the stop sign turn left towards Jarandilla.
– After 8 km there is a gas station and about 100m afterwards, take a paved road to the left.
From Sevilla it’s 3h37:
-By motorway A-66 (Extremadura Motorway) drive towards Merida.
-In Mérida take the national road E-803 towards Caceres. When in Miravete exit to the national road EX-108 towards Navalmoral de la Mata Oeste.
-In Navalmoral de la Mata take the EX-119 towards Jarandilla de la Vera.
From Lisbon it’s 4h23
this is a bit further and may be enjoyed as a road trip:
– Take the exit towards Setúbal / Almada / Sul-Ponte to reach the Motorway A6
– Once in Spain continue on the motorway A5 towards Navalmoral de la Mata and take the exit towards the national road EX-108 towards Navalmoral de la Mata.
– In Navalmoral de la Mata Oeste drive towards the national road EX-119 towards Jarandilla de la Vera.
The travel insurance is not included in the price of your holiday. The conditions of your booking are that you have suitable travel insurance to cover the duration of your painting holiday in Spain.